In November 2020, Cross River acquired Northern Dominion Metals Corp, a private company with a hand-picked, multi-project portfolio in NW Ontario, Canada.
The NDM Portfolio was assembled by an accomplished geological team with significant discovery experience, including Dr. Rob Carpenter, PhD, Dr. Allan Wainwright, PhD, and Daniel MacNeil, MSc.
The primary project vendor of the properties was Perry English, vendor of the Dixie Lake project to Great Bear Resources.
In total, the portfolio consists of eight projects representing over 17,000 hectares of prime gold exploration ground.
The projects are situated within the highly gold endowed Archean Superior Province of Ontario and include significant land positions in two key greenstone belts: the Lang Lake and Uchi belts.
The Archean Superior Geologic Province is among the best terrain in the world for finding economic gold deposits and the NDM portfolio sits within highly prospective areas of this domain.
The portfolio represents a unique collection of structurally controlled gold properties that have been largely overlooked and have lacked consistent and focused targeting using modern techniques such as LIDAR or high-resolution geophysics.
NDMC Portfolio, NW Ontario, Canada (* see below for references)
* Image references:
* Springpole: Based on the technical report titled “Preliminary Economic Assessment Update for the Springpole Gold Project, Ontario, Canada”, dated November 5, 2019, which was prepared for First Mining by SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. in accordance with NI 43-101.
* Pickle Crow: Based on the technical report titled “An Updated Mineral Resource Estimate for the Pickle Crow Property, Patricia Mining Division, Northwestern Ontario, Canada” dated June 15, 2018
* Red Lake: Lichtblau, A. F., Paterson, W., Ravnaas, C., Tuomi, R. D., Pettigrew, T.K., Lewis, S. and Wiebe, K., 2018, Report of Activities 2017, Resident Geologist Program, Red Lake Regional Resident Geologist Report, Red Lake and Kenora Districts: Ontario Geological Survey Open File Report 6336, p. 124.
* Cameron Lake: Based on the technical report titled “Technical Report on the Cameron Gold Deposit, Ontario, Canada”, dated effective January 17, 2017
* Goldlund: Based on the technical report titled “Technical Report Re-Issue Goldlund Gold Project, Sioux Lookout, Ontario, Treasury Metals dated effective July 22, 2020
* Rainy River: https://www.newgold.com/investors/financial-information/reserves-and-resources/default.aspx
* Madsen: NI 43-101 technical report entitled “Madsen Gold Project Technical Report, Feasibility Study for the Madsen Deposit, Red Lake, Ontario, Canada” with an effective date of February 5, 2019 and dated July 5, 2019